Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Travel Journal: Day of The Florida Music Festival

By the time this posts, I'll be driving in a car, well on my way to Spectrum  Live. I will have been in the car for at least 5 hours by this point (and an extra 9 nine hours on the first day), listening to Brom's The Child Thief, with no end to the driving in sight.

I know this is completely off topic but it was a pretty interesting Friday a few weeks ago... And a picture is worth a thousand words or something... 

Awake. I started my carrier job, moving goods from one side of town to another.
I passed motels

some artistic buildings

and got closer downtown.

"Downtown, where everything's better."
I made the delivery

and had breakfast.
Then I worked for a few more hours.

On the way to the tour van I passed the airport
and the farms near the van.

I didn't realize at the time that the tour van was out of coolant, that two tires were low, and one tire was pretty much empty. I spent 15 minutes filling the tires and was behind schedule.

The heat indicator started to go crazy about an hour from Orlando, so vented the heat on MAX to keep the gauges low. It was already 85+ (f) degrees outside and I was going to be late if I stopped.

Struggling from heat exhaustion and lack of water, Orlando traffic was an unpleasant sight.

I met up with the band and Moose showed me how to put coolant in the van. I think he hates this picture but I'm posting it anyways.

Showed up to the Florida Music Festival and set up. It's blurry because we were in a rush to set up.
We rocked the FMF.  It was fun. Once again Moose looks unhappy and I look like an accordionist-Shiva. (Photo by Kat Coffin)
I immediately left for the Tampa Intl. Airport to catch a flight to Atlanta for a wedding. I slept in the van until the terminal opened.  What a busy Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment